LG Fridge Repairs
LG offers a wide range of refrigerator models, from compact bar fridges/freezers to spacious side-by-side, French door, upside-down/bottom mount, upright, pigeon pair fridge and freezer combinations, four-door fridge freezers, and various integrated models. At [Your Company Name], we specialize in repairing all LG refrigerator models to ensure they stay in optimal working condition.
Common Issues with LG Upright & Bottom Mount Fridges/Freezers
One of the most common problems you may encounter with your LG refrigerator is when the freezer works fine, but the refrigerator section doesn't cool as it should. Let's explore some possible reasons for this issue:
Faulty Evaporator Fan
- The evaporator fan, located inside the freezer, is responsible for circulating cold air from the freezer to the fridge.
- To check if this is the issue, ensure the fridge compressor is running.
- Press and hold the freezer door switch and listen for fan noise or feel for cold air flow.
- If the fan isn't running and there's voltage reaching it, it's time to call a fridge mechanic.
- Another possible cause of poor cooling is an ice blockage, often due to a blocked drain or defrost cycle malfunction.
- Check the evaporator coil at the back of the freezer; if it's clean, proceed to check the drain.
- If a blocked drain is the issue, switch off the fridge for several days in a warm room to allow thawing.
- Tilt the fridge slightly to ensure no residual water refreezes in the ducts.
Defrost Cycle Problems
- Sometimes, the refrigerator fails to complete its defrost cycle, leading to cooling issues.
- The most common cause is a faulty heating element located beneath the evaporator coil.
- It's responsible for melting excess ice to keep the coil clean.
- If the heating element checks out and other components are fine, the main board (for electronic models) or timer (for non-electronic models) may be the culprit.
Repairing LG's French Door and Side by Side Range:
FF Error Code (Freezer Fan)
- FF error code indicates a 'Freezer Fan' error, often caused by ice buildup on the freezer fan.
- Switching off the refrigerator for a day can help thaw and free the fan.
- In some cases, disassembly may be needed to remove all ice.
Safety Switch Tripping
If your LG fridge trips the safety switch, the most common cause is the defrost heater element
- Testing it without proper tools is risky and not recommended.
- It's crucial to avoid this if your house lacks safety switches and RCDs.
- Even with updated safety switches, refrain from this technique to prevent further damage.
- Instead, call a qualified technician for assistance.
The second most common issue leading to safety switch tripping is a faulty compressor/motor.
We’ve seen this before - this is due to failure of a defrosting component inside the freezer compartment - and something we can generally repair on the spot.